Sunday, September 27, 2015

Bowen Berg Dream

I still remember the first time you stayed the night
I remember thinking about how awkward it could potentially be
To have someone new sleep in a place
Where someone old had been
Then I remembered that's how it has always gone
In times before
That someone new moves in
Where someone old moved out
Jobs. Apartments. Relationships.
They're all the same
Alike in behaviors and routined departures
Fluttering memories scattered around
Everyone and everything is replaceable
In time. With time.
I think we'd probably had too much to drink the first time you slept in my bed
Because I don't remember a whole lot about it
What I do remember though is the morning after
The way your arms clung neatly around my frame
As if I was your very own precious little package
That would remain safely in your arms
For the rest of all time
I remember it being warm in the room
And I remember the different stages of light
Trickling in
As the night changed to morning
And the sun came out to play
Although it wasn't actually sunny that day
But rainy and grey
I remember being restless and unable to calm
Your body moved with mine
As I wriggled between the sheets
Your arms gripping tighter
With each twist and turn
I remember for a moment feeling unable to breathe
But soon morning came
And with it opened eyes
Gazes met
Within an instance I knew
I had found my person
And I believe it was then
That you knew too
"Marry me" you laughed
"We'll have a watermelon farm"
I'll be the queen of your kingdom
You'll be my favorite always
And we'll stay there forever
In our Bowen Berg dream...

This may not have been how our story panned out
But I will pause this moment and freeze it in time
And remember you and us like this
For the rest of our forever
That never quite was.

Always.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment