Saturday, September 1, 2012

Mourning A Lover

Out my window
I peer to see
What is plump and white
And alone in the sky
But yet you are the light
Hovering over this night
Making sense only to me
And I would go back in time
For you and us
In fact
Tonight, I will it so
That we may return
The clocks
And hands of time
To when we belonged
To each other
How things change
When these nights turn to days
And the days drag on
And on
And on
Twenty-four hours without you
Seems eternally long
Haunting me
Endlessly
Afloat in my own harbour
Alone I sing
Of all I be wondering
And all my thoughts
Hold images of you
That become the lyrics
To these melodies
And woeful ridden songs
That I call out of tone
Like I whistle out of tune
Out of my window
Over clearest night
I perch
And cry for you
As only mourning lovers do

No comments:

Post a Comment