Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Later...

I saw the pain in your eyes
When no one else could
And I stood incredibly still
Tried not to move an inch
While I did my best to get inside
And figure you out
In that moment I wondered
If you knew that I could see
And if you remembered
That I would always be
The person with the skill
To know it all without trying
And just for a second
Quiet and ever so faint
There was an acknowledgment
Although it was glazed
Followed by yet another round
Of harshly thought out words
Thrown in the direction of me
And my silly little heart
But it's never been in me
To hold that against you
So I nodded - tried not to wince
Flashed you a smile
One you tried hard to miss
And I watched you turn
Then head for the door
And I suddenly had one last thought
"I'm always around"
I remember I said
Though I'm not sure if you heard me
Before you left
Or maybe you did
But at the time it didn't matter
Time changes many things
And you found that out
Later

No comments:

Post a Comment